This recipe is easy and delicious. It is made with applesauce instead of butter.
- bananas: 3 mashed
- applesauce: 1/2 cup
- sugar: 1 cup
- eggs: 2
- flour: 2 cups
- salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- baking powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
- walnuts: 1 cup, chopped
- cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
1. Mash the bananas. 2. Mix everything together. 3. Pour into greased glass pans. 4. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
Sara found this recipe in her Cooking Light magazine. Very short preparation time. The bread was awesome and three of us almost ate all of it in a few hours.
Ingredients: 12 servings
- all-purpose flour: 1/3 cup
- fine yellow cornmeal: 1 cup
- baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- salt: 3/4 teaspoon
- egg substitute: 3/4 cup
- sugar: 2/3 cup
- canola oil: 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons
- chopped fresh thyme: 1 tablespoon
- grated lemon rind: 1 tablespoon
- fresh lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- pine nuts: 2 tablespoons, toasted and divided
- butter: 1 tablespoon, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Mix.
3. Combine egg substitute, sugar and oil in a mixer bowl and beat until blended. Add thyme, rind and juice and beat until combined. Chop 1 tablespoons; stir into batter.
4. Pour batter into a 9×5 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon whole nuts.
5. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven (do not turn oven off), drizzle butter evenly over batter. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
I love these cookies! Sara made them for every holiday and they would disappear very quickly. Forgot the holidays, I have been craving them for weeks now. So now I have the recipe, and it is very simple to make.
Ingredients: 12 dozen
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
food coloring (optional)
Preheat oven to 375
Cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and vanilla and cream well. Add flour and food coloring. Chill dough for several hours.
Use cookie press or roll in balls. Bakes 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.