After reading an article about a professor who makes a point about his “no gadget” policy by submerging a laptop in liquid nitrogen, it made me wonder if he is right or wrong. Should we allow teachers/students, or even supply teachers/students, with laptops, e-readers, smart boards, instant messanger?
- integrate text, video, graphics, animation
- able to easily incorporate the web for research purposes and give hands on use
- help students keep pace with the technological world
- students can have access outside of the classroom
- getting assistance from teachers without having to meet face to face
- time it takes to train teachers and students on how to use the hardware and software
- cost of buying and then upgrading the hardware/software
- security needed to insure against theft
What side are you on? Can we even stop our classrooms from merging with the techno-future world?