Ingredients: serves 4
- spinach: 10 oz frozen package, thawed
- ricotta cheese: 15 oz container
- egg: 1, lightly beaten
- parmesan cheese: 1 cup
- garlic: 3 cloves, minced
- basil: 1 teaspoon
- thyme: 1 teaspoon
- oregano: 1 teaspoon
- salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1 box of large pasta shells
1. Cook pasta as directed on box.
2. In a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, egg and cheese. Mix well. Then mix in the spices.
3. Preheat oven to 350 and spread 1/4 sauce over the bottom of the baking pan.
4. Fill the cook shells with about a spoonful of the mix.
5. Line the stuffed shells in the pan.
6. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells.
7. Cook in oven uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
For the garlic bread:
1. Slice it in half, then sliced the two pieces longwise, so you end up with 4 large pieces. (I used a long french loaf)
2. Mix 3 cloves of minced garlic with melted butter.
3. Slather the butter on the bread.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Optional: spices added on top (chives, red pepper, lemon zest, etc.)