And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted – nevermore!
– Edgar Allan Poe: The Raven (excerpt)
Raven Pencil Drawing:
So I didn’t draw anything on “drawing day,” but its still a drawing. I spent about an hour on this and I could do a lot more to it, but I wanted to leave it incomplete.
Things about Ravens:
- Ravens are among the smartest of all birds
- Ravens are the largest species of songbird
- Ravens are the largest all-black bird in the world
- Over the centuries, it has been the subject of mythology, folklore, art and literature
- In many indigenous cultures the Raven has been revered as a spiritual figure or god
- According to legend, if the ravens leave the Tower of London, the fortress and the British kingdom will fall.