A week ago I bought a macbook pro. I have never had a laptop or a mac.
I absolutely love it.
I thought about getting another desktop, and even if my current one has a lot of issues, it still works. I used to play video games a lot and that was a big reason to get a pc, but I no longer play. I also am interested in art applications, which macs are suppose to be the best for.
And laptops are just as powerful as desktop and portable. Since my separation I wasn’t getting out and experiencing life anymore. I thought if I got a laptop I would get out more.
What I have done since I have bought a laptop.
1. I started this blog site. I don’t expect anyone to read it or keep up with it, but that isn’t the point. Part of who I was, was defined by David. Since he left I have had to pick up the pieces of who I am. It is scary and painful and unknown and this blog is a diary of my journey.
2. I have uploaded all my drawings and paintings and I’m in the process of getting some art applications onto my mac. I’m hoping soon I will get back into painting. It is a slow process for me: finding something I want to paint, getting setup, and then painting, which I am super slow.
3. I get out. This is actually a big deal since I have been so miserable and been shutting down. I take my laptop and my drawing pad and my book. I’m trying to make it a habit of going out in the afternoon on my day off. So far the Black & Brew and Panera are the places I go.
4. I’m finally listening to my music again. I’m fixing my iTunes (my hard drive died and I lost all of my music files, which was about 6,000 songs). And now I have found new bands to listen to.
5. This laptop is something new. Something I wanted. One small step in helping me find a new me.